Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to have discussions, share files, and provide information that is best for a virtual social community. This is a great way to get the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to the World Service Office via the Contact Us link on this site located in the upper right corner of each page.
Please take a moment to read these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the World Service Office. To preserve an environment that encourages both polite and beneficial dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide. If you’ve found something helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Only post content that you have personally created or have permission to use. Give credit when posting the works of other creators.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please make it very clear if the item is not available for reuse. If you would like to reuse any material you see posted, please contact the owner first to get permission.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating “noise.”
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, see the instructions in the User Guide for updating email notification preferences.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of Al-Anon Family Groups, Inc. (AFG, Inc.). AFG, Inc. is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AFG, Inc. or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AFG, Inc.be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AFG, Inc. the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AFG, Inc. does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AFG, Inc. we will take all appropriate action.
AFG, Inc. reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We Respect Your Privacy
No personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address will be released to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below. Under no circumstances will we sell or rent your personal information.
Why Would we Share Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with companies that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page.
Changes to This Statement
We may occasionally make changes or updates to this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect your personal information.